Artwork Story Hunger - Cristopher Wylie
Created at the dawn of a new decade, HUNGER: THE FUTURE ISSUE is a tribute to the very real new era of gender politics, beauty, fashion, technology and the climate emergency.
Some of the world’s most prolific change-makers front this special issue – including cover stars:
- Actor and Quentin Tarantino muse Margaret Qualley
- Controversial whistleblower and author Christopher Wylie
- The dark side of rising R&B star RAYE
All of the cover stars, fashion and beauty stories are styled using “no new clothing” – only archive, vintage and second-hand clothes. This commitment is a direct response to the climate emergency and our changing relationship to fashion, as well as a celebration of DIY style and hacking designer goods.
Elsewhere in HUNGER: THE FUTURE ISSUE:
- A special art section guest-edited by DJ, poet, artist, musician and futurist Juliana Huxtable
- Exclusive interview with artist Trevor Paglen
- DIY fashion stories by guest fashion editor NeeshaTulsiChampaneria
- Anna Wiener’s memoir and takedown of Silicon Valley’s startup bubble, Uncanny Valley, alongside photographs by Laura Morton
- Interviews with a series of “anti-influencers”: singer and poet Arlo Parks, writer Nathalie Olah, internet personality Charity Shop Sue and LVMH prize-nominated designerPriya Ahluwalia